2022 Grand Champions
We will be celebrating our 17th Annual Holy Smokes BBQ competition which takes place June 2nd through 4th! Come join the food, faith, fellowship, and fun!
The Latest News
- Volulnteers needed! We could really use some help, so please contact Kyle Shudy at email@example.com if you are interested in helping in any way. We are not getting any younger!
- Sponsors needed! Please contact Joe Runyan firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in providing any level of sponsorship for the event (additional info to be distributed at a later date).
- Team fee is $200, which includes ice, access to electricity, and a booth location.
- Team limit will be capped at 40.
- All teams must have two active parishioners. Non-negotiable.
- All teams and participants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Teams can begin setting-up at noon on Friday afternoon;
unload your stuff and move your vehicle
to allow others to unload.
Interested in Judging? Email Kevin Hammers
- Parishioners Preferred
- KCBS Judging Experience Preferred
Reminder, this is a parish event, not a formal KCBS-sponsored BBQ competition. If your primary intent is to win the competition, you are encouraged to consider other events. We have an excellent group of judges, the majority of which have participated in this event for multiple years and volunteer for other BBQ competitions. However, we pride ourselves in offering this volunteer opportunity to parishioners.
We know countless hours and effort go into this event by every team, and appreciate all the effort for the entire event and competition. But please note that this event was founded on and will continue to operate under our mantra of Faith, Fellowship, Food, and Fun.
Countdown to Holy Smokes: